- About Us
Our Mission & Vision
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit child placing and behavioral health agency with a long legacy of compassionately serving children and families. It includes KVC Niles in Kansas City which offers day treatment (K-12 school) and psychiatric residential treatment, as well as treatment foster care, foster parent training and other community-based services for families.
At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care.
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand.
Aftercare Family Services Program
When youth are ready to discharge from residential treatment settings, KVC’s Aftercare Family Services Program provides additional support as they transition back into their homes, or other family settings. The goal of the Aftercare Family Services Program is to assist in a successful transition by ensuring the needs of the youth are addressed through support and resources.
Our Aftercare program includes:
- Weekly in-home visiting for the first 30 days, and bi-weekly thereafter (The frequency can be increased during challenging times)
- Assistance with engaging in and transitioning to therapeutic services in the community
- Collaboration between the youth and family’s natural support network, child welfare professionals, and community providers
- Assistance with developing safety plans
- 24/7 crisis support
- Short-term respite to reduce safety concerns, in a moment of crisis
Contact: Carley Ohmstede, firstname.lastname@example.org, 816-853-1207