- About Us
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit child placing and behavioral health agency with a long legacy of compassionately serving children and families. It includes KVC Niles in Kansas City which offers day treatment (K-12 school) and psychiatric residential treatment, as well as treatment foster care, foster parent training and other community-based services for families.
- Get Involved
Intensive Family Services (IFS)
The Intensive Family Services program is designed for youth who are struggling at home or in the community and are at risk for residential care. IFS services will wrap around the youth and family in the home and community with the overall intention to divert the from residential care. The IFS program will also serve youth who are transitioning out of residential care and who need continued support and stabilization as they are reintegrated back into the community. The IFS team works with families referred for six to nine months.
Our IFS program will include:
- Individual and family therapy
- Psychiatric services (RN Prescriber, Prescriber Support, Telepsychiatry)
- Each youth will get an individual treatment plan
- Evaluation and Assessments that are biopsychosocial focused
- Case management services and support
- Psychoeducational groups
- Skills-based learning
- Behavioral intervention in the community
- 24/7/365 on-call crisis support
- Help with school enrollment and support in day preparatory treatment
- Monthly treatment plan meetings and reviews
- Safety planning
- Skill building, including emotion regulation, support building, healthy relationships, education, prevention, structure and medication management.
- Ensuring community providers are set up and transitioned
- Providing short-term respite care if there is a crisis or need for time in a safer place
- Coordination and advocation for appointments with community-based providers, (there will always be a bed held for respite care for youth in our residential aftercare program)