- About Us
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit child placing and behavioral health agency with a long legacy of compassionately serving children and families. It includes KVC Niles in Kansas City which offers day treatment (K-12 school) and psychiatric residential treatment, as well as treatment foster care, foster parent training and other community-based services for families.
- Get Involved
KVC Niles is taking many precautions to keep our clients and employees healthy and safe during the coronavirus pandemic. Click here to learn about the protocols we have implemented.
Day treatment services are provided to students of Niles Prep School, a K-12 private school approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education. This trauma-informed school provides education and therapy to youth through personalized treatment goals; individual, group and family therapy; and small classroom sizes. Niles Prep School offers youth with a place to heal, change, and grow, and a place where learning is fun.
The Niles Prep day treatment program is designed for children and adolescents who have difficulty functioning in mainstream classroom settings due to educational, psychological or behavioral concerns. Using on-site therapeutic services, Niles Prep staff work to promote healthy interactions between teachers, therapists, students and family members.
Niles Prep Curriculum
Niles Prep provides a blended learning experience for students through the use of teacher-led coursework and online curriculum which are customized to uniquely meet the needs and goals of each student. Each child is able to work at his or her own pace and meet specific learning objectives.
Niles Prep offers a comprehensive system of therapeutic services including:
- Weekly individual or group therapy with a licensed therapist
- Weekly group therapy designed to increase social skills
- Weekly family therapy is offered and encouraged to increase family communication and support
- Expressive therapies (can include music, art, recreation and animal-assisted)
- Learning from certified special education teachers in small classroom settings with a ratio of 1 adult to 5 students
- Support and guidance from staff certified in Safe Crisis Management (a comprehensive continuum of prevention, de-escalation and safe emergency intervention strategies)
For questions about Niles Prep, contact our School Administrator, Lindsey Russell, at email@example.com.