- About Us
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit passionate about strengthening families, preventing child abuse and neglect, and helping people achieve mental wellness. Learn about KVC Missouri.
At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care. See our services and programs overview.
- Positive Impact
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand.
KVC Missouri provides a robust offering of trainings and community outreach events to support the needs of children and families across the state.
About KVC Missouri
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit that strengthens families, prevents child abuse and neglect, and helps people achieve mental health wellness. We have more than 800 caring team members and over 20 locations statewide with regional hubs in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, Columbia, and St. James. KVC Missouri provides family strengthening services, foster care, children’s mental health, educational services, residential treatment, and other services. The organization has a wonderful legacy of caring that stretches back to the early 1800s as many grassroots children’s organizations have chosen to become part of KVC.
KVC Missouri is a subsidiary of KVC Health Systems, a national leader in child welfare and mental health. The KVC family consists of 2,400 professionals nationwide across 60 locations in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Kentucky, and West Virginia. More information:
- Wondering who’s on our team? Meet the KVC Missouri leadership team
- Want the latest updates? Follow KVC Missouri on Facebook
- Want to see our partners? See KVC’s national partners and affiliations.
- Wondering about our name? Learn what KVC stands for here.
How We Help Children & Families
KVC Missouri provides a wide range of family strengthening services, foster care, children’s mental health, educational, residential treatment, and other services. This broad continuum of care means that children can access services from the least intensive, community-based care to the most intensive, children’s mental health residential treatment programs.
Our community-based services are provided to children and families in homes, schools, and other community settings. They aim to strengthen families and help people achieve mental wellness.
- Family strengthening programs
- Family resource centers
- Foster care case management
- Foster/adoptive parent licensing and training
- Treatment foster care
- Autism services
- Meramec Wilderness Ranch
- Emergency children’s shelters
- Women’s domestic violence shelters
- Child Advocacy Centers
- Plus, many more listed online
KVC operates private therapeutic schools, approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, offering youth a place to heal, change, and grow.
- K-12 Alternative Schools (Day Treatment)
Children’s Residential Treatment
In residential treatment, youth receive intensive clinical services in a home-like environment with 24-hour supervision and support from our trained clinicians and staff.
- PRTF – Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities
- QRTP – Qualified Residential Treatment Programs
- Other residential treatment
- Autism respite
What Makes KVC Unique
Nonprofits in the KVC Health Systems network are nationally known for being uniquely effective at serving children and families. KVC is:
- Built on a long 50+ year track record of quality and excellence, with one of the nation’s broadest continuums of care
- The only U.S. nonprofit that has 25 years’ continuous experience as a state foster care case management provider
- A great place to work! A national survey shows our team members are significantly more engaged than the average worker due to KVC’s inspiring mission, tremendous flexibility, inclusive culture, and robust compensation and benefits.
- Trusted by state social services agencies in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Kentucky, and West Virginia, and has consulted for Washington, D.C.; Hennepin Co, MN; Fairfax County, VA; Singapore and more.
- Recognized for the results of a five-year study with the Annie E. Casey Foundation and others showing that KVC’s trauma-informed care creates positive outcomes.
There are many large and small ways you can help children and families through KVC Missouri. Whether you contribute your time, your resources, or your voice, each caring touch makes a big difference in the lives of others.
- Learn about becoming a foster/adoptive parent
- Donate money or items
- Advocate for children by sharing our social media posts