- About Us
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit passionate about strengthening families, preventing child abuse and neglect, and helping people achieve mental wellness. Learn about KVC Missouri.
At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care. See our services and programs overview.
- Positive Impact
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand.
KVC Missouri provides a robust offering of trainings and community outreach events to support the needs of children and families across the state.
Become a Foster Parent in Missouri
There are over 13,000 Missouri children in foster care due to child abuse, neglect or other serious family challenges, and the state is currently experiencing a shortage of adults willing to care for youth with these challenges. Fostering provides a child who has experienced this with a safe, loving environment. On top of this, it gives you the opportunity to show a child the love and care they deserve while growing emotionally, mentally and spiritually as you teach life skills and give support. You will experience joy and may even discover a greater sense of purpose in your life.
We are partnered with the Missouri Department of Social Services. We provide general foster care services, including free screening, training and licensing. We also provide Treatment Foster Care services for youth who require a higher level of care by training, licensing and supporting experienced caregivers.
Click here to learn more about the training classes.
To meet general requirements in Missouri you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Complete a child abuse/neglect check and criminal record check including fingerprints
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Have a stable income
- Be willing to participate in and complete a free training and assessment process
- Be part of a professional team willing to voice perspectives and concerns
- Be willing to partner with the child’s family
- Be a documented US citizen
LEARN ABOUT Becoming a FOSTER PARENT
Our website has several resources that can help you get started. Our Frequently Asked Questions page goes over inquiries like “How do I get started?”, and our blog covers a range of a range of helpful topics. You can also contact one of our foster parent recruiters if you have any questions.
We’ll Support You the Whole Way
If you’re considering becoming a foster parent, KVC Missouri is here to guide you every step of the way. We will provide you with:
- Free ongoing training and support 24/7, 365 days/year
- 24-hour phone support
- Health insurance for the child
- Assistance finding local resources
- A fun weekend away at our Resource Family Conference, which provides a fantastic learning experience for parents and children
- Reimbursement to meet the child’s needs plus assistance with back-to-school supplies and holiday gifts.
Contact our caring team of Missouri foster parent recruiters!
What Types of Foster Care Does KVC Missouri Provide?
- General foster care services, including free screening, training and licensing
- Treatment Foster Care services for youth who require a higher level of care
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information on our foster care services.
Where Does KVC Missouri Provide Foster Care Services?
We license families throughout Western and Southwestern Missouri. In the Kansas City area, we provide Treatment Foster Care services (highlighted in purple) and general foster care services (highlighted in green).