- About Us
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit team that’s passionate about strengthening families, preventing child abuse and neglect, and helping people achieve mental wellness. Learn about KVC Missouri.
At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care. See our services and programs overview.
- Positive Impact
- Get Involved
Fostering Futures is a home and community-based therapeutic program designed to stabilize children at risk for placement disruption, residing in St. Louis County. While working with a therapist, behavioral support specialist and/or parent educator, children and their caregivers are able to work through behavioral disruptions that could otherwise lead to the child being removed from their academic or home placement.
Every household faces unique family dynamics and challenges between children and parents. But in a foster home environment, these everyday stresses may be in addition to existing trauma or behavioral difficulties.
Fostering Futures connects all the major environments involved in a child’s life to ensure a positive, supportive approach is maintained in each area. The program provides several in-hom services to children, which include:
- Free, convenient, yearlong in-home therapeutic interventions for children and families
- In-home parent skill training
- Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Case management
- Behavioral support for children at school
The program offers services to several specific underserved groups in St. Louis county.
- Children, ages 3–18 years old, whose behaviors or mental health concerns put them at risk of being removed from their current placement or educational setting.
- Children and families within St. Louis County who need assistance to successfully complete the process of adoption.