- About Us
KVC Missouri is a nonprofit passionate about strengthening families, preventing child abuse and neglect, and helping people achieve mental wellness. Learn about KVC Missouri.
At KVC, we want every child and adult to be safe & connected to a strong family and a healthy community. We’re proud to be a leader in innovative, effective and compassionate care. See our services and programs overview.
- Positive Impact
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand.
KVC Missouri provides a robust offering of trainings and community outreach events to support the needs of children and families across the state.
Brightly Shining Future
We’re passionate about learning at KVC Academy and understand that sometimes we all just need a helping hand to discover the strength within.
Each year, our Academy educates almost 500 children who struggle in a traditional school setting because of factors beyond their control. Our schools operate in Columbia, St. James and St. Louis, Missouri, and partner with nearly 100 school districts across Missouri.
We are nationally accredited with the prestigious Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), so you can be confident that your child is getting a high-quality education that adheres to the demanding standards placed on the most prestigious private schools. KVC Academy also is approved by both Missouri’s and Illinois’ departments of elementary and secondary education.
Our schools support your child’s goals, whether that’s graduating from high school, returning to a traditional school setting, continuing on to post-secondary, vocational or technical training, or preparing to enter the workforce. We help children find a new sense of happiness and hope. Just walk through our doors and you’ll start to understand.
KVC Academy – Boonville
- About 19 students
- Located at 814 Locust St., Boonville, MO 65233
KVC Academy – Columbia
- About 60 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Erika Rackers. She previously served as the school’s instructional coach and elementary level teacher. She also has 12 years of public school teaching experience, and is certified in the Neurosequential Model in Education©. She has a master’s in administration and leadership from Capella University and a bachelor’s in elementary education from Lincoln University.
- Located at 4304 South Bearfield, Columbia, MO 65201
KVC Academy – Kansas City
- About 70 students
- Principal/Associate Director of Special Education – Lindsey Ray. In her current role since 2018, she has 15 years of experience in western Missouri as a special education teacher and district-level behavior coordinator of special education. She has a master’s degree in education-elementary school administration from University of Central Missouri.
- Located at 8383 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO 64133
KVC Niles – Kansas City
- About 40 students
- Prep School Administrator – Lindsey Russell, MS, EdS. Lindsey Russell serves as the KVC Niles Prep School Administrator where she manages the Niles Prep School and coordinates education by developing strong relationships with staff, students, caregivers and community partners. She has more than 15 years of experience working in education, with 12 years as a special education teacher and 3 years in school administration. Lindsey received a bachelor’s degree at the University of Missouri-Columbia, a master’s degree in special education at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, and an education specialist degree in leadership and administration at the University of Central Missouri.
- Located at 1911 East 23rd St., Kansas City, MO 64127
KVC Academy – Lebanon
- About 20 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Pamela Dawson, EdD. With almost 15 years of experience in special education as a teacher and administrator, Dawson came to Great Circle in July 2018. She has a doctorate in educational leadership and master’s in administration from William Woods University, and a master’s in education and bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and psychology from Drury University.
- Located at 301 Hoover, Lebanon, MO 65536
KVC Academy – St. James
- About 12 students
- Co-Principals/Associate Directors of Special Education – Abby Swearingen & Tina Wheeler. Swearingen joined Great Circle in 2020 as an elementary/middle school teacher and has more than 20 years of educational experience. She has a master’s in education from University of Western Alabama. Wheeler has served in multiple special education administrative and classroom roles in public and private Missouri schools. She has a master’s in teaching and is a certified education specialist in school systems, superintendency and leadership.
- Located at 19410 County Road 3620, St. James, MO 65559
KVC Academy – St. Louis
- About 90 students
- Principal/Director of Special Education – Kaysi Rinks. Before being named to lead the school in 2020, Rinks served as GCA’s associate director and as a trauma-informed education trainer. She has been an elementary school teacher at multiple public and private schools. Her master’s in education in administration is from Southwest Baptist University.
- Located at 330 N. Gore Avenue, Webster Groves, MO 63119
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Sponsors of this Program
United Way of Greater St. Louis