- About Us
KVC Missouri is a community-based program of KVC Niles, a private, nonprofit, licensed child placing agency with a strong 138-year legacy of compassionately serving children. KVC Niles is located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri and offers day treatment (alternative K-12 school) and psychiatric residential treatment for children with mental and behavioral health needs.
- Get Involved
Your Help Matters
There are many large and small ways you can still lend a hand.
Get Trained to Become a Foster Parent
There are over 13,000 Missouri children in foster care due to child abuse, neglect or other serious family challenges, and the state is currently experiencing a shortage of adults willing to care for youth with these challenges. Fostering provides a child who has experienced this with a safe, loving environment. On top of this, it gives you the opportunity to show a child the love and care they deserve while growing emotionally, mentally and spiritually as you teach life skills and give support. You will experience joy and may even discover a greater sense of purpose in your life.
At this time, KVC Missouri is training foster parents to care for youth who need loving homes. We provide Missouri pre-service training to new families who wish to become foster parents. We are partnered with the Missouri Department of Social Services.
To meet general requirements in Missouri you must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Complete a child abuse/neglect check and criminal record check including fingerprints
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Have a stable income
- Be willing to participate in and complete a free training and assessment process
- Be part of a professional team willing to voice perspectives and concerns
- Be willing to partner with the child’s family
- Be a documented US citizen